Friday, February 5, 2010

Politics 1 - 0 Sport

In my previous post, I talked about how the focus was shifting from sport to politics. Now, the focus has truly shifted to politics leaving the sport to suffer, right where it hurts the most.

Now, Rio Ferdinand has been named captain and Steven Gerrard vice captain following the sacking of John Terry as captain - because Terry had an affair.

Mr. Ferdinand has a fantastic reputation (what with missing the drugs test and banned for nine months) and Gerrard has a pretty decent brawling experience as well. Fabulous replacements. Who's next on the list? Wayne Rooney? I'm pretty sure he has a clean reputation under his belt.

John Terry being axed as captain of the English Team is a ridiculous decision in my opinion. Hey, who am I to question? But all I want to know is, was Capello's hands forced? If yes, Capello - I'm sorry to say your reputation has just flown out of the window. If no, well, your reputation stays, but England has flown out of the window.

As the title suggests, Politics 1 - 0 Sport

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know what politics is? Making Ferdinand captain ahead of Gerrard.

In fact, making Terry captain ahead of Gerrard in the first place.